Thank you for visiting Dome9 Security Inc. (“Dome9”, ”we”, ”our” or ”us”) website (collectively, the website www.dome9.com, its subdomains and its related features, such as our blog and newsletters – the “Site”). Dome9 develops and operates an innovative SaaS platform for Verifiable Cloud Network Security, Advanced IAM Protection and Comprehensive Compliance and Governance (the ”Platform”), used by various organizations and businesses across the world (Dome9’s ”Customer(s)”) to protect their public cloud infrastructure environments (”Public Cloud”).
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice (the “Policy”) which applies to information provided or collected through this Site located at www.dome9.com and in connection with Dome9’s various services and software products (collectively, the Site and together with the Platform – the “Services”).
This Policy describes the information we typically receive or collect whenever someone visits our Site (a “Visitor“), creates an account and uses the Platform on behalf of a Customer (a “User“) or uses a Customer’s Public Cloud (an “End-User“).
We strongly urge you (whether you are a Visitor, a User or an End-User – “you“) to read this Policy and make sure that you fully understand and agree with it. If you do not agree to this Policy, please discontinue and avoid using our Services. You are not legally required to provide us with any information, or to have such information collected about you, but unless we receive certain information, we will not be able to provide you with our Services (or certain parts of our Services).
Table of Contents:
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use The Information
- Storage & Location
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Our Commitment to Security
- Other Sites and Services
- Accessing, Correcting or Deleting your Information
- Information Retention
- Information Posted in Public Forums
- General; Policy Update
- How to Contact Us
The Information We Collect. We collect two main types of information (which, to the extent enabling the identification of a specific person, or linked to such identifying information, shall be deemed as ”Personal Information”):
We receive and store any information you enter on the Site or give us in any other way (for example, through surveys, questionnaires, information provided at registration and in the course of other communications with us)..
When you register as a User of Dome9, you voluntarily provide information about yourself (such as name, company and position, account login details such as usernames and hashed passwords and e-mail address). In addition, when you use Dome9 Services, the documents, text and information transmitted to us for analysis and correction is transferred to our servers, and this information may include personal information.
The amount of personally identifying information you provide is up to you, and you are not obligated to provide such information. However, your use of the Services may be affected if such information is not provided.
You may provide information on behalf of another entity such as your organization (our Customer) including billing details, business needs and preferences. If you completed the registration or provide information on behalf of a certain entity, you represent to us that you were authorized by that entity to give us consent to use the submitted information.
We also may collect certain technical information when you visit our Site or use the Services, such as your IP address, non-identifying information regarding your device, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and access times. We also may collect information about your online activity. It does not enable us to learn such person’s true identity, and serves mostly to better understand and improve our marketing campaigns and engagements, as well as the overall performance of our Services.
We may use third party contractors to collect and aggregate this information. For more information, please see Cookies and other technologies.
We may also collect End-Users’ IP addresses during their interaction with our Customer’s Public Cloud.
Our Services are directed to a general audience and we do not offer services directed to children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children and do not wish to do so. If we gain actual knowledge that a child under the age of 18 has provided any Personal Information to us, we will prohibit and block such use and will make all efforts to promptly delete this information. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Surveys or Contests.
We may provide you, from time to time, the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our Site. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code).
We post customer testimonials on the site which may contain Personal Information. We do obtain the Customers’ consent via e-mail prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. To request removal of your Personal Information from our testimonials, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Use the Information.
We and our affiliates may use Personal Information provided to us to as follows:
- To facilitate, operate, and provide our Services, to enable us to verify your credentials, in order to maintain reasonable data security including for the purposes of preventing fraud, error or any illegal or prohibited activity , provide developers with the information that is useful in developing new features and services for our users, allow us to potentially vary advertising based on user preference, usage preferences and demographics, enable us to develop and improve the features, contents, and services available, fulfill your requests for our products and Services, in connection with your use of the Site or Services, to provide you with customer assistance and technical support and respond to your inquiries about our offerings, to offer you our products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, to carry out transactions which you have requested, to enforce our rights and resolve disputes and to cooperate with law enforcement and regulations.
- We will retain information transmitted to us in the context of use of Services (such as documents or text transmitted to us for analysis and correction) for further internal use in connection with our efforts to improve our services and products.
- Newsletters: If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and e-mail address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each newsletter communication or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- We may use non-personally identifying information that we collect to provide statistical information about users of the Site or Services, to improve the quality, design and content of our Site, to analyze the use of our Site and to cooperate with law enforcement and regulations.
- You acknowledge that we may use your company’s name and logo in a list of Dome9 customers.
- Dome9 collects and processes the information described above regarding its Customers’ User accounts and Customers’ End-Users on behalf of such Customers.
Such collection and processing is performed in accordance with the Customer’s instructions and the agreements (including any Data Processing agreement) executed between Dome9 and such Customer. In such cases, our Customer acts as the ”Data Controller” of such User and End-User Personal Information, and we as their ”Data Processor” (as such terms are defined under the EU GDPR, and solely to the extent applicable).
Storage & Location
Personal information collected in accordance with this Policy may be maintained, processed and stored by Dome9 and our authorized affiliates and service providers in various jurisdictions as necessary for the proper delivery of our Services or as may be required by law.
While privacy laws may vary between jurisdictions, Dome9, its affiliates and service providers are each committed to protect Personal Information in accordance with this Policy and industry standards, regardless of any lesser legal requirements that may apply in their jurisdiction.
Dome9 materially adheres to the principles of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, and is currently in the process of self-certifying its U.S. entity’ with such Frameworks. All Personal Information received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland will be processed in reliance on the applicable Privacy Shield Framework and in accordance with the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
Information Sharing and Disclosure.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website or together with our software. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to use these products or services, we may share information about you, including your Personal Information, with those partners. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information, depending on each of their specific roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing our Services, and may only use it for such purposes. Dome9 remains responsible and liable for any Personal Information processing done by third parties on its behalf, other than for events outside of its reasonable control .We may share with our Customer the Personal Information of their Users (including information concerning their user account on the Platform and communications), and of their End-Users. In such cases, sharing such information with our Customer means that other Users from your organization may receive it on its behalf, and will be able to monitor, process and analyze your Personal Information and associated content.
Please note that Dome9 is not responsible or controls any further disclosure, use or monitoring by or on behalf of your organization
- Referring websites. If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We may share aggregated or anonymous data with third parties for any use whatsoever.
We also may share your information:
- If we believe in good faith that sharing is necessary in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process or in response to a law enforcement agency’s request; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this Site, our Customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms and Conditions for the Site, End User License Agreements for our Software and other agreements.
- In the event that Dome9 goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our Web site for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your Personal Information.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when Personal Information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information. Dome9 does not sell, rent or lease the Personal Information that you provide about yourself to third parties unless we have your consent.
By providing Personal Information or using our Services, you consent to transfer of information outside your country in connection with the transfers of information described in this Policy, even to countries that might not offer a level of protection for your personal information that is equivalent to the one offered in your country of residence.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties without restriction.
For the avoidance of doubt, we may share your Personal Information in additional manners, pursuant to your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so, or we have successfully rendered such information non-personal. We may transfer, share or otherwise use non-personal data in our sole discretion and without the need for further approval.
Cookies and other tracking technologies.
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access certain of the functionality of Site or Services. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs).
Our third party advertising partner employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customer’s personally identifiable information.
Our Commitment to Security.
Physical and electronic procedures have been put into place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use Personal Information. These include use of firewalls, passwords and other measures.
Although we take measures we believe are appropriate to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy. Regardless of the precautions taken by you or by us, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
When you enter sensitive information such as credit card number on our order form, our merchant services providers encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Other Sites or Services.
We are not responsible for any collection or use of information in connection with third party software, sites or services.
Accessing, Correcting or Deleting your Information.
Dome9 allows you to view the information you provided during registration, to alter any data, inaccuracies or errors, to erase it or any part thereof or to restrict or object to such Personal Information’s processing, or to port such information. To request such access, or correct, update, delete, port or amend your Personal Information please contact us at the following e-mail address, postal address or telephone number:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dome9 Security Inc.
701 Villa Street,
Telephone number: +1-877-959-6889 # +44-20-3322-3209
Please note that User and End-User requests may be forwarded to your organization (our Customer), which is the ”Data Controller” of such information. Therefore, we recommend that Users and End-Users contact their organization’s administrator directly.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us at the e-mail address, postal address, or telephone number listed above. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may send you email messages about us or our products and services as well as email messages about products and services of selected third parties, and our newsletters. As a registered member, you can remove your personal information from our mailing list and to stop receiving future communication from us by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication or by emailing us at email@example.com. You will also be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages in any such email we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you service related communications, including service announcements and administrative messages, relating either to your account or to your transactions on this site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them unless you cancel your account.
Information Posted in Public Forums.
If you use the blog on this site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these blogs and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs.
To request removal of your personal information from our blogs or community forums, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
General; Policy Update.
How to Contact Us.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy you may contact us at:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Dome9 Security Inc.
701 Villa Street,
Telephone number: +1-877-959-6889, # +44-20-3322-3209.